The Elizabeth Colt Legacy Foundation is a charitable foundation established in 1996 through the Colt Collectors Association and supports causes and organizations that promote and encourage youth participation in firearms training and safety, awareness of historical significance of firearms in the development of our country and their heritage to continue this tradition. Donations are given to youth firearms associations and clubs to support their endeavors.!
Elizabeth Colt Legacy Foundation
Founded in 2007, the Elizabeth Colt Legacy Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit foundation.
The Elizabeth Colt Legacy Foundation (ECLF) is proud to announce that it has disbursed donations to the following organizations:
- Eastern United States Junior Power Clinic and Championship
- Ft. Hayes State University Shooting Sports Club, Kansas
- Montrose Jr. Rifle Program
- Pine High School Naval Jr. Reserve Officer’s Training Corps., Florida
- Quincy, IL high school rifle team
- Teller County 4-H Shooting Sports Club, Colorado
- Whittington Adventure Camp, New Mexico
- Girls Olympic Shooting Team, Colorado
- Gene Autry Museum, California
- NRA Shooting Group, California
- Hamilton Trap Shooting Team, Montana
- Buffalo Bill Historical Center, Wyoming
- Fur Trade Museum, Nebraska
- Frazier Historical Arms Museum, Kentucky
- Bell City Rifle Club, Connecticut
- Connecticut State Rifle and Revolver Association
- Lakers Trap Shooting Club, Minnesota
- Hastings College, Hastings, Nebraska
- Lakeland Rifle & Pistol Association, FL
- Shooting Club of the University of South Dakota
- Centennial High School, Circle Pines, MN
- Shot Slingers Trap Shooting Club, Colorado
The ECLF will announce further updates and disbursements in The Rampant Colt magazine and at the CCA conventions.
Elizabeth Colt Legacy Foundation (ECLF)
The ECLF has created a very special Colt Single Action Army revolver to be raffled
October 1, 2016 in Louisville, KY.
Thank you Colt’s Manufacturing Co. LLC President and CEO Dennis Vellieux, Sr. Vice President of Sales and Marketing Paul Spitale, and Director of the Colt Custom Gun Shop Brent Turchi for their assistance with this project. The foundation appreciates your continuing support.
Beverly Haynes and Carol Wilkerson are your design team that has brought this project to completion. Beverly, in her role as Colt Historian, has written the important Colt factory letter that accompanies this unique revolver and her diligent efforts in moving it through the system are greatly appreciated.
Our ECLF raffle gun will no longer have a special serial number. As of 2012 the raffle revolvers have regular production serial numbers.
The 2016 Elizabeth Colt Legacy Foundation Raffle Gun is a .45 caliber with a cross pin frame and 6” barrel. The finish is nickel-plated with Ink & Bake accents and a fire blue screw package. The revolver will feature embellished giraffe bone stocks donated by Emily and Tyler Cusson of Nutmeg Sports. Thank you for your continuing support.
As always, we thank Denise Thirion for her superb engraving. Denise has been our engraver of choice since we started using the Colt Single Action revolver. She is a highly skilled and desirable engraver. When asked what engravers have influenced her the most, she mentions L. D. Nimschke and Rudolph Kornbrath, as well as Ken Hunt and Winston Churchill. She states that the “Old European style” of engraving that she was taught at Fabrique Nationale has impacted her style the most. This year’s winner adds a one of a kind Denise Thirion revolver to his/her collection.
Every year Les Yoder has steadfastly supported the Elizabeth Colt Legacy Foundations by unselfishly donating his time and talents in the form of museum grade presentation cases to accompany our raffle guns. Unfortunately this year Les is still progressing down the path of recuperation from a very serious illness. This year’s case will be furnished by either Colt or an outside vendor. This foundation extends their best wishes to Les for a speedy recovery.
The ECLF continues to encourage and facilitate our youth in their firearms related Endeavors. The Foundation is successful due to the contributions of the Colt Collectors Association membership and we thank you for your support.
– Carol K. Wilkerson
Make a Donation
Donations, gratefully accepted, may be made to:
Elizabeth Colt Legacy Foundation (ECLF)
c/o Karen Green, Secretary
P. O. Box 2241
Los Gatos, CA 95031-2241
1. Firearms safety and training.
2. Awareness of historical significance of firearms in the development to continue this tradition.
3. Youth firearms associations and clubs.
*The Foundation will also support grants and scholarships as the board of directors deems worthy.
Founded in 2007, the Elizabeth Colt Legacy Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit foundation. This means that any donation you give to the ECLF can qualify as tax deductible. The ECLF serves as a charitable foundation on behalf of the Colt Collectors Association by supporting causes and organizations which promote and encourage youth to participate in the following.